Sushi

FAIIINT, Illustration, Illustrator, Mermaid, Sushi, Cannibal, Gore, Ariel, Little Mermaid, Folklore, Fantasy, Fairytale, Dark

This has been sitting on my desk for about 3 weeks in sketch form, I just couldn’t decide if I liked it enough to colour it & finish it off, really happy I did now though, as it turned out much better than expected!

It started off as a dream & I just couldn’t get the idea out of my head, so I sketched it out & messed around with the composition & positioning for ages, but just wasn’t happy with it no matter what I did, so I stuffed it down the side of my desk in frustration – this is where most things go I get frustrated with, drawings, garments, shoes, technology, you name it, it’s probably down there! I came across it again a week or so ago, whilst I was looking for something else, made a few adjustments & felt much happier with it, so got it coloured & finished up.

I guess most of you are noticing a theme with my illustrations by now, even when I try to draw pretty things like mermaids they end up dark, morbid & a little gory. I just can’t help myself, those themes always seem to seep through somehow. I blame my love of comics, horror films & gory video games! I’m also a vegetarian, so I only eat vege sushi, I wonder if that has something to do with this one?

Filed under: Illustration

1. Posted 25.04.2012 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

wowow your illustration is wonderful!

2. Posted 25.04.2012 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

That is amaaazing! By the way, that necklace shown a few posts below is like ‘so fetch’.

Love
    Sophh Elizabeth

3. Posted 26.04.2012 at 2:19 am | Permalink

You draw so well Stephanie. This is abit of a mind warp, in a good way! Keep up the good work, I enjoy seeing what you’ll come up with next.

x Minty

4. Posted 26.04.2012 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Love it ! love the idea and how you do it !!! such a good illustration! how you do it ?it seems like you use illustrator..photoshop? I´m in love with the sushi mermaid!!! :)

Rollolollo
    Bloglovin

• FAIIINT
      Posted 26.04.2012 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Thankyou! :) I sketch everything, then add colour & texture with Photoshop.

5. Posted 26.04.2012 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

At first I thought “this is beautiful” … but then I looked at it a while longer and thought “this is AMAZING”. Not just something pretty – it’s clever and cynical too.

SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

6. Posted 26.04.2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

I’m glad you finished it Stephanie. It is seriously great- concept, execution et al. I love it!

Paola

7. FAIIINT
    Posted 26.04.2012 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks everyone! It means a lot hearing such nice things about my work :) I’m glad you all appreciate my slightly macabre tastes, hope it’s not scared anyone off though! Hah!

8. Posted 26.04.2012 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

holy crap this is so good. you have a great blog. following now.

9. Posted 26.04.2012 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

Oh my gawwwwd I actually can’t stop looking at this – you are too freakin talented! That is honestly amazing.

I’ll probably send this comment and go back up and look at it for a while.. xx

• FAIIINT
      Posted 27.04.2012 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Aw, thank you! That’s such a lovely compliment! :)

10. Posted 28.04.2012 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

I’m so glad you finished it, it’s amazing!

11. Posted 28.04.2012 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

simply amazing!
    Visit my fashion blog and if you want we could follower each other!
    have a great Saturday!

12. Posted 29.04.2012 at 5:11 am | Permalink

Oh man this is wicked!
    I’m your new follower, hope we can follw each other! X

★☆Romiya Fashion Inspiration Blog☆★
    ★☆SHOPwithROMI☆★

13. Posted 30.04.2012 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

I’m an illustrator too.. and mermaids are always always a big subject on them.. I think most of my artwork portrays mermaids and the moon.. I’m obsessed with both since birth..
    this is a really great illustration, congrats.. you’re really talented!
    loving your blog, just found it.. stay cool!

14. Posted 03.05.2012 at 8:33 am | Permalink

what an awesome concept + execution!! tres talented!

15. Posted 20.05.2012 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

OMG your illustrations are insane! SOOO amazing! I love them! More!! :) xx

16. Posted 11.06.2012 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Love this – for me its totally associated with vegan ideas.
    Maybe you should print this and sell on etsy, I would love put this on my room wall, and I think Im not the only person :)
    Happy that I found your blog!

• FAIIINT
      Posted 12.06.2012 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much! :)
      I’m actually in the process of setting up an Etsy, but it might be a little while yet as I have so much other stuff to get done first! But feel free to drop me an email [steph@faiiint.com] if you would like a print & we can sort something out! :)
      Love your blog too, those blouse/shorts are just genius!