Anglaise

All Saints, Embroidery Anglase, Belt, Distressed, Detail, Dress, Lace, Teeth, Necklace, Brass, Galibardy, Topshop, Boutique, Shoes, Boots, Lace up, Balenciaga, City, Bag, Outfit, Street StyleAll Saints, Embroidery Anglase, Belt, Distressed, Detail, Dress, Lace, Teeth, Necklace, Brass, Galibardy, Topshop, Boutique, Shoes, Boots, Lace up, Balenciaga, City, Bag, Outfit, Street StyleAll Saints, Embroidery Anglase, Belt, Distressed, Detail, Dress, Lace, Teeth, Necklace, Brass, GalibardyTopshop, Boutique, Shoes, Boots, Lace up, Distressed, Detail

I’ve been sorting my wardrobe out recently & have been unearthing so many things I’d totally forgotten about. I love that feeling of re-finding something you used to wear all the time & getting obsessed with it all over again…

This Galibardy necklace is one of those things & has been constantly around my neck the past week or so. It’s one of those pieces that never fails to get people talking, whether they love it for it’s quirky, slightly dark & morbid charm or hate it for pretty much those exact same reasons. People just seem to love giving me their opinion on it, whilst I was waiting at the bus stop an old lady noticed it & and asked firstly if they were teeth & then looking a little shocked asked if they were real! I told her they weren’t & she then talked to me whilst we waited about how interesting it was & how she still has her husbands gold teeth!

I’ve also been getting a little obsessed with All Saints again & have been digging out all my old dresses, I just love their cuts & silhouettes & the way they play with textures. Normally I’m not much of a fan of embroidery anglaise, it’s a little too girly & sweet for me, but somehow here it just works. I think it’s the mixture of the draping, the colour & the slightly disheveled look about it, as soon as I saw it I knew it was mine!

PS: Apologies for my slightly startled face, it was extremely windy & these were the only two usable photos!

Filed under: Outfit

1. Posted 15.06.2012 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

These photographs are great and your outfit is so awesome and edgy! I really like your blog :)

2. Posted 15.06.2012 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

You look so rad as usual! I need to check out this All Saints. I have heard of it, but haven’t taken a look at their stuff. Looks like I need to ;)

XX,
    Miranda

3. Posted 15.06.2012 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Beautiful pictures, I just came across your blog, I absolutely love it! Keep on sharing lady!

4. Posted 15.06.2012 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

Great outfit and love the edginess in it. Great dress and love the boots.

5. Posted 15.06.2012 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Amazing dress!

xoxo Sootjeelina

6. Posted 15.06.2012 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

As soon as I saw that 1st pic I knew it was All Saints..they are my favorite! You look so so good.

7. Posted 16.06.2012 at 2:47 am | Permalink

Great look! I love re-find new pieces on my own wardrobe too, it feels so good.

Have a great weekend,
    Manu Luize.

8. Posted 16.06.2012 at 8:32 am | Permalink

gorgeous look! i love it!! :)

9. Posted 16.06.2012 at 10:29 am | Permalink

that dress is unusually beautiful, i love how you wore it into this gorgeous look.
    re: thank you very much, the interview went quite well!

10. Posted 16.06.2012 at 11:33 am | Permalink

great photos, love everything!

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

11. Posted 16.06.2012 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

lovely outfit. it has been a while since i have been into all saints, i should really go back and check it out. love the boots and that necklace is so cute. i also think it is so fun to rediscover old things in your closet you have completely forgotten about <3

xx rae

http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/ :)

12. Posted 16.06.2012 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

I’m doing a wardrobe clean out, too. Love when you rediscover things. BTW, your hair is kinda amazing and needs its own blog.

• FAIIINT
      Posted 17.06.2012 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

Aw, thank you! I’m actually trying to grow the layers out & feel like it’s in dire need of a good cut right now, but I’m persevering & staying away from the scissors! I’ve been feeling like it’s such a mess recently, so that’s really cheered me up! :)

13. Posted 16.06.2012 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

That dress is soso beautiful! And them shoes? Wanting them isnt even close!!

Love
    Sophh Elizabeth

14. Posted 16.06.2012 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Love your hair!
    You’re fearless “all-black” kind of girl !

xx,
    Sandra @ Blasfemmes.com

15. Posted 16.06.2012 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous dress! xx

16. Posted 16.06.2012 at 11:57 pm | Permalink

Effortlessly beautiful! I love this.

17. Posted 17.06.2012 at 8:52 am | Permalink

First of all, these pictures are really beautiful and show the ensemble and details of your look so well! On the necklace, I’m on the ‘I love it’ party and it can give a certain edge to any outfits. BTW, I saw your previous post about the leather jacket you made (impressed!) and remembered your tweet about the Hermes’ Ulysse notebook you would like to make, well yesterday I visited the most amazing fabric shop in Brussels and I thought about you because of the leather selection – have a look at Le Chien Du Chien Vert http://www.chienvert.com/

• FAIIINT
      Posted 17.06.2012 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

I’m glad there are others who love it too! I’m always on the look out for good fabric shops & this looks wonderful! Thanks so much for letting me know, really appreciate it! ♥ I shall have to post the results of the Hemes DIY when I get round to doing it! :)

18. Posted 17.06.2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

It’s so fun uncovering things that you haven’t worn in a while – I must admit I haven’t had this feeling recently just because I’ve been purging all the things that go unworn.

Anyway – Loving the draping on that dress, your all black look is just so chic :)

19. Posted 17.06.2012 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Sooo beautiful, the dress and the boots are perfect together!

20. Posted 19.06.2012 at 1:36 am | Permalink

I love coming across older stuff in my closet too. Actually just did a quick DIY on something last week that I’ll post next :) This dress is so “you” even though it’s old, so nice to see that your style is so defined! Love that it’s so textural too – totally agree with you on the anglaise, not my thing either but it works so well here, really liking the edginess of the whole outfit. You look fab!

21. Posted 19.06.2012 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

This is so bizarre, my latest post is about unearthing lost purchases and I actually have this dress and haven’t worn it for ages!

Great minds, etc., etc.

Becky | life.style.flash. x

• FAIIINT
      Posted 19.06.2012 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Wow! Spooky! But definitely great minds, you should dig yours out too, it’s such a great dress, I forgot how much I loved it till I tried it on again! :)

22. Posted 26.06.2012 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Beautiful pictures and love the way you wear that dress with a belt!
    xo Jony