Thor & Wistle

Thor & Wistle London store Dynasty Jewellery Kamilla Thorsen Rachel Entwistle butterfly, antler, mannequin display cabinetsThor & Wistle London store Dynasty Jewellery moth & butterfly necklaces Rachel Entwistle gold & silver bone pendantsThor & Wistle London jewellery store Rachel Entwistle gold & silver anatomical memento mori bone pendantsThor & Wistle London jewellery store Rachel Entwistle bone bracelets bangles & necklace, Smith/Grey & Vera MeatThor & Wistle London jewellery store Dynasty Jewellery Monarch butterfly necklace & Tessa Metcalfe bird claw ringsThor & Wistle London jewellery store Rachel Entwistle gold & silver arrowhead, cross, crucifix, beetle, snake rings, alchemical symbol rings & earrings

Last week Thor & Wistle threw an intimate little party at their Shoreditch store to celebrate their 2nd birthday, with beer, and the most delicious burgers, plus a chance to browse the new collections, it was the perfect excuse for us to head down to finally check out the store & fawn over their beautiful wares, I wanted to take the whole place home!

Set up in 2012, the store is a collaborative project between Kamilla Thorsen and Rachel Entwistle, acting as both a studio for the pair & their respective brands, Dynasty & Rachel Entwistle Jewellery & also as a showcase for emerging talent stocking some of the best up & coming UK jewellery brands, including Kasun, Tessa Metcalfe & Ros Millar.

The store itself has a wonderful curiosity shop kind of feel – jewels draped over antlers, old fashioned display cabinets showcasing beetle & bone rings like scientific specimens, mounted butterflies & vintage mannequins, it sets the perfect atmosphere, perfectly complimenting the selection of brands and makes browsing a real treat, peering into the cases it feels as though you’re unearthing rare little trinkets from days gone by. I couldn’t recommend paying them a visit more.

Filed under: Events

1. Posted 25.06.2014 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

I love how simple, almost dainty, yet still edgy these pieces are!

XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

2. Jenny
    Posted 25.06.2014 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I really like the bone and butterfly pieces they look great and almost antique like :) I will definitely be checking these guys out!! xx

3. Posted 25.06.2014 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful store! I see so many pieces that I want, I don’t usually wear earrings but I really love the look of the ones featured here. I can see you wearing so many of these designs as well! x

Josie’s Journal

4. Posted 25.06.2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

This is such a beautiful shop! It really does feel like a curiosity cabinet with those gorgeous old vitrines and cabinets. I’d love to display my jewellery like this. I shall definitely pay them a visit next time I’m in Shoreditch!

5. Posted 26.06.2014 at 8:49 am | Permalink

It looks like a really great event and experience! I mean, how awesome is the fact that they hosted an event with beer and burgers- sounds so cool to me! :)
    The collection truly looks splendid- I really like how they displayed all the jewelry- that makes the jewelry to stand a lot more!
    I think that this brand is right up in your style alley, I can definitely see you wearing a lot of those pieces!

6. Posted 26.06.2014 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Irresistible! It does appear like a curiosity shop. The displays add a mysterious quality.

7. Posted 27.06.2014 at 5:21 am | Permalink

Wow I wish I could just get in my car and drive there. What a fabulously styled store. I mean that presentation is just stunning. I’m especially loving that little case displaying smaller pieces on a bed of black pebbles(?), I just want to run my hands through it. Weird, I know, I have a thing with touching stuff. It’s even worse when I’m in an art gallery.

SDMxx

8. Posted 27.06.2014 at 7:46 am | Permalink

Loving these pieces!

x Dawn

9. Posted 29.06.2014 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

Gossssh, this place looks right up my street! I really like Tessa Metcalfe and Smith/Grey.

10. Posted 02.07.2014 at 1:00 am | Permalink

i love stores like these, so quaint and the jewellery is so nice too. that bone necklace, so precious!