Bec Winnel

Bec Winnel Ginta Lapina Face Study Illustration coloured pencils pastels watercolour paint washBec Winnel model portrait Illustration coloured pencils pastels watercolour paint wash

Bec Winnel is an Australia based illustrator known for her soft, feminine portraits of supermodels & beautiful young women. Using a mixture of coloured pencils, pastels & watercolours she creates highly realistic, detailed work with a hazy, dream-like quality.

The painstaking level of detail in her pieces is breathtaking & they really have to be viewed at a large scale to be fully appreciated. Take the first image of Ginta – The tiny fluffy hairs on the bridge of her nose, the delicate freckles, the texture of the skin & flecks of glitter in the eyeshadow. These are all tiny, almost insignificant details but they are rendered so precisely, so beautifully & they take these pieces to a whole new level.

Her website is worth checking out just for the beautiful & unique design of it alone (it’s making me want to revamp!), but of course there are lots more of her lovely illustrations there to swoon over too, I would definitely recommend it.

Filed under: Inspiration

1. Jenny
    Posted 11.10.2013 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Beautiful post and very different which I love :-) I have noticed her designs before on big cartel and was really fascinated with her work just breath taking :’)

2. Posted 12.10.2013 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Beautiful! She’s a talented illustrator, for sure.

3. Posted 12.10.2013 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

wow I wish I could actually do something like this. She is very talented and I have seen her work before. The attention to the detail and the feminine soft lines/colours are incredible. PS the wine or oxblood jacket looks superb on you, it can may do to you what introducing white pieces did for my wardrobe and style xx
    M

• Posted 14.10.2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I agree, I don’t think I have the patience for something this intricate. I was reading an interview with her & she said she spends upto 60 hours on each piece!
      And thankyou! I’m definitely hunting for a few more oxblood pieces :)

4. Posted 14.10.2013 at 1:04 am | Permalink

She has the most amazing illustrations, so soft and lifelike. ‘Honor’ was something I was coveting for AGES and then it went on sale or a special promo and of course, I had no money. When I did get some money, it was sold out :o(

SDMxx

• Posted 14.10.2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Oh no! It would have looked lovely on a wall too :( I always do that with anything that’s limited edition, when I want it I can’t afford it & when I have cash it’s gone! Boo!

5. Posted 16.10.2013 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

The detail really is amazing in these pictures! Such beautiful pieces of art. :)

Mags xx

6. Posted 20.10.2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

oh wow these are so beautiful, i can’t stop staring at them! they possess quite a haunting quality. thanks for sharing these steph!